There are just 8 sleeps till Christmas; the big day is getting closer and closer. Here are 8 tips to look after your teeth over the festive period:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using an electric tooth brush with a 2 minute timer
- Floss or use inter dental brushes in between your teeth- this is vital
- Use a flouride mouthwash afterwards-do not rinse with water
- Limit sugary foods and drinks (sorry!) to mealtimes and reduce the frequency of acid attack on your teeth
- Limit acidic foods and drinks as much as possible; did you know that hot lemon water has the same acidity as battery acid!
- Drink alcohol in moderation (sorry again!)
- For sensitivity, rub some sensitive toothpaste directly on to the tooth and leave overnight. Repeat for at least 7 days.
- Visit your dentist and hygienist when due- early intervention means less extensive treatment in the long term
If you need to be seen prior to Christmas, please call us on Monday morning. We will squeeze you in!