Our case of the month is a simply stunning one involving cosmetic bonding. We have posted many cases of bonding before but for those of you who are unaware of the procedure, here are 7 factors about cosmetic bonding:
- It is a great technique for creating symmetry, enhancing aesthetics, closing spaces and repairing chips
- The tooth enamel is not drilled away like for veneers
- The process is reversible
- Highly aesthetic composite (white filling ) materials are used which look natural
- Maintenance is required over the years but this is simple and stress free
- Bonding to enamel is extremely reliable. A volume of 1cm3 can elicit a weight of approximately 90kg
- The process is cost effective and requires NO needles
Our case involves enhancing the symmetry of the lateral incisor teeth.
Before cosmetic bonding, small lateral incisors in comparison to the central teeth
After cosmetic bonding. A big difference in just one appointment.
This was a classic cosmetic bond case. No needles, no drilling of the teeth and all in one visit. Instantly the smile is more symmetrical and aesthetically enhanced.
We would always advise whitening your teeth prior to cosmetic bonding to achieve the best results.
Treatment completed by Dr Nissit Patel using Empress Direct. Photographs may not be reproduced with consent.