DENTAL TIPS 2011
Our dental tip of the month is to ensure that your oral hygiene is as good as possible. This is the best way to prevent dental disease in the future.
Here is a simple oral care regime:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste for 2 minutes.
2. Always floss or use in between cleaning aids.
3. Keep sugary foods and drinks to a minimum in between meals.
4. Visit the hygienist on a regular basis. If you have gum disease or have suffered from gum disease in the past, this should be every 3-6 months.
5. Use plaque disclosing tablets occasionally to see where you are missing plaque from the teeth and gums. These can be bought from all good chemists.
Did you know that we routinely check your gums during our dental examinations and provide percentage scores on dental plaque and bleeding levels? This is a great way to monitor your oral health in the long term. Our sophisticated software automatically calculates these scores for us on every check up.
Please remember, prevention is better than cure. To book your oral health assessment please call us on 020 7731 1162 for a comprehensive analysis.