Following on from my previous article regarding metal fillings, I will now provide 10 reasons why white fillings are superior to metal fillings:
1. White fillings actually adhere to the tooth surface creating an excellent seal.
2. White fillings require less preparation of the tooth than metal fillings.
3. White fillings do not contain mercury.
4. They are easily repaired if damaged.
5. They can be used on front and back teeth.
6. The wear strength of the latest materials are far superior to previous generations and therefore similar to tooth enamel.
7. White fillings can be used to repair worn, chipped and fractured teeth in a procedure called cosmetic bonding.
8. They can be used as an intermediate restoration for complex cases. For example: tooth wear cases, temporary veneers and crowns
9. White fillings can be used to cure sensitive teeth.
10. White fillings look great and just like teeth!
However, it is vital that white fillings are placed correctly. In 99% of cases, they must be placed under rubber dam. This is a special rubber sheet which isolates the tooth from moisture and bacteria. The technique must also be correct and follow a strict protocol. Failure to follow these guidelines will lead to failure.
At Progressive Dentistry, I insist that we use the very best materials and techniques to ensure optimal results. Anything less will not do.
If you are considering replacing metal fillings with white fillings, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our telephone number is 0207 7311162 or e mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org