The health of your mouth is critical to your overall health, which is supported by robust scientist evidence. Here are 10 tips to help maintain a healthy mouth and healthy body:
- Brush twice a day for two minutes. We prefer electric brushes.
- Clean in between your teeth with floss or inter dental brushes every night.
- Use plaque disclosing tablets occasionally. This will highlight where the deposits are building up allowing you to clean more effectively.
- Waterjets are useful if you hate flossing. Our recommended one is Philips Airfloss.
- A fluoride mouthwash after brushing can remove further bacteria and leave a fresh sensation. Anyone with fluoride will do.
- If your gums bleed on brushing, use a chlorhexidine mouthwash for five days. If this continues, contact us. Our preferred brand is Corsodyl.
- Change your brush head every three months.
- If you have dental pockets, the use of a single tufted toothbrush can clean under the gum line. There is a special technique- point, push and splay. We will show you how to do this.
- Do not brush too hard- this can cause gum recession, which is irreversible.
- Clean your tongue. All of the dead cells from your mouth accumulate on the top surface of the tongue. Use your toothbrush or a dedicated tongue cleaner.
Call us to book your dental hygiene appointment today.