The question is often asked 'what is the best filling for my tooth?' The answer lies in the material which is most like a natural tooth. The options range from amalgam (metal fillings), white fillings, gold fillings or porcelain inlays/onlays. The benefits of porcelain inlays/onlays are:
- It is 100% bio compatible
- It will not shrink in the mouth
- It is not affected by water/saliva/heat or cold
- It has a wear strength similar to tooth with adequate thickness and properly polished/glazed
- It looks just like natural teeth
- It does not require heavy destructive preparation of the underlying tooth (in most cases)
Below is case completed by Dr Nissit Patel, where 2 molar teeth were heavily decaying under amalgam metal fillings.
The material used is Empress E max, the highest quality porcelain and the material of choice for our inlays/onlays. If you are interested in replacing metal fillings with porcelain inlays/onlays, then please call us os 0207 7311162.