are the best way to replace missing teeth. Whether you have one, several or all missing teeth, dental implants are the gold standard replacement.
Why are dental implants so good?
1. They are made from titanium, which is a bio compatible material and has been used within the human body for many years
2. Implants will restore the function of the missing tooth/teeth
3. Osseointegration (the growth of the surrounding bone around the implant) means that implants cannot be removed
4. Implants can never decay
5. They will prevent further bone loss in the sites of the missing tooth/teeth and preserve facial structure
6. Dental implants will prevent movement of the adjacent and opposing teeth in unwanted directions
7. Aesthetically, they can look just like natural teeth
8. The implant crown/ bridge/ denture can be made so that it is retrievable. This is vital in terms of maintenance.
9. Dental implants can be cleaned in the same way as natural teeth.
10. They will never need a root canal treatment!
Here is a case of a single missing tooth being replaced with a dental implant. The process is straight forward in the hands of an experienced and skilled practitioner.
Missing premolar tooth, very large space present and loss of function
Dental implant placed to restore the tooth and restore function
Birds eye view of the missing tooth
Example of a screw retained dental implant crown
This is an example of a screw retained dental implant crown. The advantages are that there is no cement used which therefore eliminates any issue of excess cement causing gum problems. The crown can also be removed easily if necessary by unscrewing.
Treatment was completed by Dr Nissit Patel. The photographs are the sole property of Dr Patel and any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you have missing teeth and are considering dental implants, please contact us. We have over 11 years experience in placing and restoring implants and your treatment will be in safe hands.