Dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. Fact. So if you have missing teeth, your first choice should be a dental implant.
The most common scenario we encounter is a single missing tooth. Why replace the tooth? There are a number of reasons:
1. For aesthetics especially if it is a front tooth!
2. To restore function
3. To prevent any further bone loss
4. To prevent drifting of the adjacent and opposing teeth- yes they can move!
5. To maintain the bite
6. For psychological well being
In the case of a missing single tooth, there are a number of simple steps that have to be taken to end up with a new tooth:
1. Careful planning
2. CT scans may be required if the tooth was lost many years ago
3. Careful placement of the dental implant
4. Often a waiting period of 6-12 weeks is required for healing. This is called 'osseointegration'.
5. Impressions are then required
6. Final placement of the crown or a provisional restoration is placed
7. If a provisional restoration was placed, a waiting period of 3-12 weeks may be required prior to the final crown
For example, just look at our case below to see how a dental implant should look:
One of these teeth is a dental implant- can you tell which one?
should look just like natural teeth, as your photo above shows. If you are interested, the dental implant is the left central tooth. Beautiful and natural.
If you have a single missing front or back tooth and would like a natural, long lasting replacement, then contact us:
tel 0207 7311162
Treatment completed by Dr Nissit Patel. Photograph sole property of Dr Nissit Patel.